Baby Countdown!

pregnancy calendar

Monday, August 30, 2010

Big Scare

Dear Baby,
    You gave Mommy a huge scare today!  I have been feeling good & actually some of my symptoms are subsiding, but while I was at work, I noticed I was spotting again.  It really scared me, so I called Daddy at home & asked him to call the doctor (not many people at work know about you yet, so I didn't want to make the call).  Not even 5 minutes later, my phone rang at work & it was the doctors office.  Since I was spotting & cramping (I have been cramping the whole time, not a new symptom) they wanted to do an Ultra Sound to make sure you were OK & they wanted to do it today.  They stated it was an "emergency ultra sound".  That scared the crap right out of me!  Daddy has to work today, so Grandma (who works with Mommy) took me to the appointment.
    I was very nervous & scared that you might not be well.  The tech lady had the screen turned so I couldn't see what she was looking at & I was literally holding my breath.  The next thing I know, she says, "We have a heartbeat".  I let out a huge sigh & tears just ran down my face.  I was so happy.  Then she turned the sound on & Grandma & I got to hear your little heart beat for the first time!  It was wonderful!  The tech lady then turned the screen & we got to SEE your little heart beat.  I just couldn't stop crying & let out a huge sigh of relief. 
     After the ultra sound, we then saw Dr. Shoenmaker.  I had never seen him before, but he was very nice.  He said that you are growing & everything looks good.  Your heart rate was 113 beats per minute (bpm), which he said was normal.  However, I have to have another ultra sound next week because he wants your heart rate to be over 120 bpm & if so, that means everything is OK.  If it's not, that is not good news & Mommy will be devastated.
    So, my little one, I am asking you, PLEASE keep growing & getting stronger so next week when we go to the doctor you little heart will be beating over 120 bpm.  If it is, our chances of losing you drop to only 5% & we can then relax a little & let Daddy's side of the family know the wonderful news! 
    I love you so much & I don't know what I would do if I lost you, so Daddy & I & hopefully our friends & family who know about you will keep praying for you to grow big & strong so we can finally meet you in 8 months!  I did get a picture of you today.  You are so tiny, it's hard to see, but I will put it up here once I get the printer connected.  Daddy is very excited to see you & to hear your heartbeat next week.
    We love you so much & please, just keep growing! 

UPDATE:  Here is the baby's first ultrasound at 6 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya guys! I'm thinking of you and hoping things level out. Deep breaths and lots of rest and good food. =) Babies are influenced by emotions too so 'happy thoughts!' =)

    I know things will work out for the best so hang in there all three of you!

    ReplyDelete