Baby Countdown!

pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dr. Appointment

Dear Baby,
    Today Daddy & I went to see Dr. Pugmire to ask her lots of questions about what foods & medications are safe for Mommy to take while you are growing in my tummy.  The good new is that it is perfectly safe for me to drink my Diet Pepsi or my Iced Tea & that the "special" food I eat that has Splenda & artificial sweeteners in it are also safe.  All of this in moderation, of course.  She did also give me some medicine to take for my back pain when it is out of control, so that was a big relief to me.  We also found out that you are really doing your own thing & there really isn't much we can do to help you along (other than avoiding the obvious such as alcohol, smoking, & illegal drugs). 
    We have some other big news for you.  We told Grandma Jill & Grandpa Mike about you today.  We called them & put them on speaker phone & Daddy & I yelled, "We're pregnant!"  Grandma Jill was so excited she started screaming & crying & said that her prayers have been answered.  We then told them that they absolutely could not tell anybody right now because we have to make sure you are growing & getting stronger.  Grandma Jill & Grandpa Mike always go to South Carolina for the winter & when they found out your arrival date, Grandma Jill said they will have to cut their vacation short so they can come home & meet you when you arrive!  It would be so nice to have all of your grandparents at the hospital to help welcome you into the world.
    Overall, this has been a good day & I am feeling less stressed about your health.  We have lots of people praying for you (including Mommy & Daddy) & I know that everything is OK, I just need to learn a little more patience & continue to have faith.  You sleep well tonight sweetheart & I will write more again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment