Baby Countdown!

pregnancy calendar

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm Pregnant!

Dear Baby,
    Mommy & Daddy got a big shock this morning...we found out that you are on your way!  We have been trying for so long & anxiously awaiting for the day we would know you were coming & now that day is finally here!
    I got up at 7:30 this morning because I really had to pee.  Knowing that my cycle was 4 days late, I decided to take a pregnancy test.  I have taken numerous tests for so long that kept saying "Not Pregnant", that I was worried that this test would provide the same result.   When I took the test, I anxiously waited with bated breath hoping for a different result, but worried it would be the same.  I kept watching the little hour glass rotate as it was making a determination, but kept looking away while thinking to myself, "A watched pot never boils".  When I looked back, I could tell that the test was done, but I wasn't close enough to read the results.  I took a deep breath & picked up the stick & by the light over the stove, read the result..."Pregnant".  My eyes started to fill with tears & I immediately started to shake.  I didn't think I read it correctly, so I turned on the lights in the kitchen, dining room, & living room to make sure I had a good view.  I read it again, "Pregnant".  At that point I lost it.  I just wanted to scream & yell & jump around, but the rest of the house was asleep.  (Daddy & our friend Melinda who was visiting from England for a few days).  I instantly grabbed the stick & went into the bedroom & woke up Daddy.   I hid the stick behind my back as I shook him awake & told him in a serious voice, that I needed him to get up right away because we had an issue.  He immediately started asking what was wrong.  I calmly stated that I again, needed him to get up & to put on his glasses.  So, Daddy hurriedly put on his glasses & sat up in bed.  I then handed him the stick without saying a word.  I watched as Daddy read the results & looked at me with tears in his eyes & he kept saying, "Oh my God" over & over.  With tears in his eyes, he said "Congratulations Baby, we did it!"  We then hugged each other & cried.  We were trying to keep quiet so we wouldn't wake up Melinda.
   At that point, there was no way we were going to go back to bed & I had to sit down because I was just shaking so much.  We knew that we needed to get my blood drawn to get a confirmation, but Melinda was parked in the driveway behind our car.  We quickly got dressed & then woke Melinda so she could move her car so we could run to the lab (Daddy had to go to work in a few hours).  We, of course, told Melinda the exciting news & why it was so important that she move her car!  Daddy & I then headed to the lab to get my blood drawn.
    On the way to the lab, we stopped by Grandma & Grandpa's house to tell them the news.  Grandma was sitting in her recliner when I handed her the stick.  She was shocked & in some disbelief, but was very happy.  She then woke up Grandpa who was asleep on the couch.  She told him that he had to put on his glasses.  He was grumpy & reluctantly woke up.  I said, "Happy Birthday Dad, we have your birthday gift".  (Dad's birthday is in 2 days).  I handed him the stick.  He stared at it for a moment & calmly said, "Pregnant".  Then there was this long pause & then he looked at me  & asked, "Are you pregnant?".  I said, "YES!".  Then he was  very excited & happy & kept saying "Congratulations!".   Daddy & I then proceeded to the lab. 
  After the lab, we returned home so Daddy could go to work & I spent the day with Melinda around the house mostly talking about you.  About 12 hours later, I got the results from the lab, that yes, I am pregnant & I am 2 weeks along.
    Mommy is so happy that you are on your way.  Daddy & I have been waiting for you for such a long time.  You are just a small speck in my belly, but we love you so much & we are looking forward to feeling you grow & can't wait to meet you! 






No comments:

Post a Comment